Android Interview Questions Part 1 : Try It !!
Android programming is growing day by day. The questions are asked by interviewers in android. A list of top android interview questions given below
- Tell all the Android application components. Android Official
- What is Application class?
- What is the structure of an Android Application?
- What is Context? How is it used?
- What is AndroidManifest.xml?
- What is Activity?
- What are “launch modes”? Android Tutorial Online
- Explain Activity and Fragment lifecycle. (Complete diagram GitHub, simplified diagram for Activity, Fragment)
- What is Fragment?
- What is the difference between a Fragment and an Activity? Explain the relationship between the two.
- What is retained Fragment? AndroidDesignPatterns
- Why is it recommended to use only the default constructor to create a Fragment? StackOverflow
- How would you communicate between two Fragments? Android Official
Views and ViewGroups
- What is View in Android?
- Relative Layout vs Linear Layout.
- Tell about Constraint Layout
- What are ViewGroups and how they are different from the Views?
- What is a canvas?
- What is a SurfaceView?
- Do you know what is the view tree? How can you optimize its depth?
- Difference between View.GONE and View.INVISIBLE?
- Can you create custom views? How?
Displaying Lists of Content
- What is the difference between ListView and RecyclerView?
- What is SnapHelper?
- What is the ViewHolder pattern? Why should we use it?
Dialogs and Toasts
- What is Dialog in Android?
- What the difference between Dialog and Dialog Fragment?
- What is Toast in Android?
Intents and Broadcasting
- What is Intent? StackOverflow
- What is the function of an IntentFilter?
- What is a Sticky Intent? AndroidInterview
- What is an Implicit Intent?
- What is an Explicit Intent?
- Describe how broadcasts and intents work to be able to pass messages around your app?
- What is a PendingIntent?
- What are the different types of Broadcasts?
- What is a BroadcastReceiver? StackOverflow
- What is a LocalBroadcastManager? Developer Android
- How can two distinct Android apps interact?
- What can you use for background processing in Android?
- Is it possible to run an Android app in multiple processes? How?
- What is AIDL? Enumerate the steps in creating a bounded service through AIDL.
- What is a ContentProvider and what is it typically used for?
- How would you perform a long-running operation in an application?
- What are the problems in asynctask?
- When would you use java thread instead of an asynctask?
- Why should you avoid to run non-ui code on the main thread?
- What is ANR? How can the ANR be prevented?
- What is an AsyncTask?
- What is a Loader?
- What is the relationship between the life cycle of an AsyncTask and an Activity? What problems can this result in? How can these problems be avoided?
- Explain Looper, Handler and HandlerThread.
Working With Multimedia Content
- How do you handle bitmaps in Android as it takes too much memory?
- How to play sounds in Android? Vogella
- What is the difference between a regular Bitmap and a nine-patch image?
- Tell about the Bitmap pool. Mindorks
- How to persist data in an Android app?
- What are different ways to store data in your Android app?
- What is ORM? How does it work?
- How would you preserve Activity state during a screen rotation? StackOverflow
Look and Feel
- What is a Spannable?
- What is the onTrimMemory() method?
- How do you find memory leaks in Android applications? Mindorks
- How does the OutOfMemory happens?
Battery Life Optimizations
- How to reduce battery usage in an android application? Mindorks
- What is overdraw? Developer Android
- What is Doze? What about App Standby?
- What are the different protection levels in permission?
- What is the NDK and why is it useful?
- What is renderscript? Mindorks
Android System Internal
- What is the Dalvik Virtual Machine?
- What is DEX?
- What is the difference JVM, DVM and ART?
- What are the differences between Dalvik and ART?
- Can you manually call the Garbage collector?
Debugging and Programming Tools
- What is ADB?
- What is the StrictMode?
- What is DDMS and what can you do with it?
- What is Lint? What is it used for?
- Why Bundle class is used for data passing and why cannot we use simple Map data structure
- What is the support library? Why was it introduced?MartianCraft
- What is Android Data Binding? Developer Android
- What are Android Architecture Components? Developer Android
- How do you troubleshoot a crashing application?
- Explain Android notification system?
- What is the difference between Serializable and Parcelable? Which is the best approach in Android?
- Have you developed widgets? Describe. Mindorks
- How to handle multi-touch in android GitHub
- How to implement XML namespaces?
- How to implement search using RxJava operators? Mindorks
- What is AAPT?
- What is the best way to update the screen periodically?
- FlatBuffers vs JSON. Mindorks
- HashMap, ArrayMap and SparseArray Mindorks
- What are Annotations? Mindorks, Link
- Describe the architecture of your last app.
- Describe MVVM. Android Tutorial Online
- What is controller?
- Describe MVC.
- Tell something about clean code Mindorks
Tools And Technologies
- Git. GitHub
- RxJava. Mindorks
- Firebase. Firebase.google.com
- Dagger 2. Mindorks
- Android Development Useful Tools. Mindorks
Android Test Driven Development
- What is Espresso? Developer Android
- What is UI-Automator? Developer Android
- Why Mockito is used? Official site
- Explain unit test.
- Explain instrumented test.
- Have you done unit testing or automatic testing?
- What is Robolectric? Robolectric
- Describe JUnit test.
- Describe how REST APIs work.
- Describe SQLite.
- Describe database.
- Project Management tool – trello, basecamp, kanban, jira, asana.
- About build System – gradle, maven, ant, buck.
- About multiple apk for android application. Mindorks
- Implement Search Using RxJava Operators. Mindorks
- APK Size Reduction. Mindorks
- Android Development Best Practices. Mindorks
- Android Code Style And Guidelines. Mindorks
- Have you tried Kotlin? Mindorks
- What are the metrics that you should measure continuously while android application development? Mindorks
- Reverse Engineering an APK.
- What is proguard used for?
- What is obfuscation? What is it used for? What about minification?
- How do you build your apps for release?
- How do you control the application version update to specific number of users?
- Can we identify users who have uninstalled our application?
1,924 total views, 1 views today